- AOB/NOB (Nitrifier) populations - any changes can impact these slower growing microbes, qPCR tracking is more sensitive and accurate than any other nitrifier monitoring technology.
- Filamentous organisms - after identifying the most problematic filaments, a custom qPCR test can monitor MLSS with accuracy and objectivity that is difficult with current microscopic methods.
- Sulfur reducing and oxidizing microbes - SRB and SOX microbes are important in both collection and wastewater treatment systems. Instead of relying on plate counts or corrosion/odors, qPCR monitors the population even at extremely low concentrations. Thereby, operators can correct the problems before problems arise.
- Phosphate accumulating organisms - a key microbial group for biological phosphate removal, PAO bacteria can be monitored to improve operational controls.
- Other - any key organism or group of organisms can be monitored by building a custom qPCR test.
Molecular testing includes qPCR or quantitative PCR which our lab at Aster Bio is developing into a powerful wastewater monitoring tool. After discovering organisms of interest using metagenomic testing or system surveys, custom test kits make qPCR a rapid, quantitive test for target microbial populations. What can be monitored with qPCR?
Click to set custom HTML