So far we have used Environmental Genomics to do the following:
- Identify organisms associated with best treatment efficiency
- Find new cultures for customized bioaugmentation products
- Monitor biomass fluctuation from new influent, process unit changes, and operational changes
- Determine optimal sludge age and MLSS concentrations
- Identify causative organisms of filamentous and non-filamentous bulking
- Monitor SRB populations
As a developing and continuous improved technology platform, Environmental Genomics can be customized to almost any application where directly monitoring microbial populations is needed. Key for successful molecular diagnostics testing is the ability to take complex, raw bioinformatic data and apply it to a working treatment system.
Contact me if you have any application ideas for Environmental Genomics testing. We are very excited about the potential for improving waste treatment efficiency and lowering treatment costs.